Molloy College Athletic Training Staff
Assistant Director of Athletics/Sports Medicine: Jim Zegers, ATC - 516-678-5000 x. 6464
Assistant Athletic Trainer: Eric Ressegger, ATC - 516-678-5000 x. 6649
Assistant Athletic Trainer: Jimmy Caiola, ATC - 516-678-5000 x. 6732
Certified Athletic Trainers
Molloy College employs three full-time Certified Athletic Trainers. All are officially certified by the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification and the New York State Department of Education. Athletic trainers specialize in both acute and chronic care as well as prevention of athletic injuries and illnesses, treatment, rehabilitation and education. In addition, they offer referral services to more specialized medical professionals. Our mission is to provide medical standards of the highest quality to all Molloy College student-athletes regardless of race, sex or other personal differences.
Hours of Operation
- Weekdays, during the school year, hours are as follows:
- 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Rehabilitation and Evaluation
- 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. - Game/Practice Coverage
- Rehabiliation programs are conducted by appointment only.
- Weekend and holiday hours during the school year are based on individual team's game/practice schedule. Services will be provided no less than one hour prior to all practices, two hours prior to games, and no more than one hour after all games and practices.
- All teams competing in their championship season will have an athletic trainer at all home contests and practices when possible. They will also have priority in the athletic training room for treatment, rehabilitation and evaluations, except in emergency situations. Away contests will have an athletic trainer provded by the host institution, and by Molloy College Sports Medicine when possible.
- All student-athletes participating in non-championship seasons, pre- or post-season workouts, and conditioning programs have access to the athletic training staff during the hours listed above.
- All home contests during the non-championship season will be covered by a certified athletic trainer.
- Summer hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. During the summer, Athletic Training services will not be provided on weekends unless there is an appointment scheduled. The athletic training room will be closed on Friday during the months of July and August.
- Student-athletes should allow reasonable time for all athletic training room needs (e.g. treatment, taping, etc.). Treatments are conducted on a first-come, first-serve basis; in-season athletes have priority. The athletic training room can not be used as an excuse for lateness to any activity that involves a team or class.
- Treatments will only be conducted with approval from the Sports Medicine staff (Athletic Trainers and/or Team Doctors), and should be continued until the Sports Medicine staff determines so. No student-athlete is to used athletic training room modalities/equipment without guidance from the Sports Medicine staff.
- The athletic training room is a co-ed facility; student-athletes should dress appropriately at all times. This includes the need for loose fitting or athletic tops, shorts and sneakers. Student-athletes will not be permitted to change in the athletic training room for any reason.
- No cleats, equipment, bags, food or tobacco products are permitted at any time.
- Student-athletes must act in a respectful manner at all times. Foul or abusive language will not be tolerated and are grounds for removal.
- Athletic training room phones and computers are not to be used by student-athletes at any time.
- The athletic training room is a medical facility, not a hangout! Those who do not need treatment will be asked to leave.
** Failure to adhere to any of the above will result in notification to the head coach and the Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine. Thank you. **
Directions to ProHEALTH Care Associates, L.L.P.
Via Long Island Expressway:
Heading East: Take Exit 33 to Lakeville Road. Make a right onto Lakeville Road, and continue south over Northern State Parkway to Marcus Avenue. Make a left onto Marcus Avenue, and proceed three lights to 2800 Marcus Avenue - Lake Success Quad.
Heading West: Take Exit 34 towards New Hyde Park Road. Make a left at the traffic light onto New Hyde Park Road, and continue approximately one mile to Marcus Avenue. Make a right turn at Marcus Avenue, and go three lights to 2800 Marcus Avenue - Lake Success Quad.
Via Northern State/Grand Central Parkways:
Heading East: Take Exit 25 South towards Lakeville Road. At traffic light, make a left turn onto Marcus Avenue, and proceed two lights to 2800 Marcus Avenue - Lake Success Quad.
Heading West: Take Exit 26 to New Hyde Park Road. Follow New Hyde Park Road, and continue South to Marcus Avenue. Make a right turn onto Marcus Avenue, and proceed three lights to 2800 Marcus Avenue - Lake Success Quad.
Important Forms (Needed for Physicals!)
Insurance Information Form (Don't forget your insurance card too!)
Parental Consent Form (Student-athletes under 18 years of age!)
Drug Testing Policies
Please click here to view the NCAA Drug Testing Policy